Tour of Sinharaja Tropical Rain
Forest - Pitadeniya Entrance
Sinharaja involves 3 districts. They are Galle, Matara and Rathnapura.
Boundaries of Sinharaja rain forest is as follows.
1. Southwest - Low and wet zone, Sabaragamuwa and southern province
2. North - Nspolagamuwa, Koskulana Ganga
3. South - South West - Gin Ganga
4. West - Kalukanduwawa Ganga
5. East - Barley Tea Estate
6º 21ºº N - 6º 26ºº N
80º 21ºº N - 80º 34ºº N
Sinharaja Access routes
Access is maintained official from three provinces as Southern province, Western
province and Sabaragamuwa province.
1. Southern access route is maintained via Deniyaya.
2. From Sabaragamuwa province, via Rathnapura, Kalawana and Kiriella
3. Also from Udawalawe and Hambantota. This route directs to Rakwana.
Sinharaja Geography and Topography
Sinharaja forest extends up to the Southern central massif. It covers the
mountain peaks up to 1200 meters above MSL. Rakwana 432m above MSL. Rathnapura
301m above MSL. Deniyaya 653m above MSL. Pinipitigala 1171m above MSL.
So, generally we can say that Sinharaja extends from about 200 - 1000
meters above mean Sea Level.